Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The missing box

19 days



August 1.

I have been burning the numbers off a credit card ordering last minute bits and equipment. Using the very best of "Just in time" inventory control I have plenty of boxes arriving daily.

Tomorrow morning I am getting up early and taking the long way to Charlie's place in Vermont. By early I mean around 3 so I have six hours to throw on 400 or so miles. After the day with Charlie I will do a good loop to end up in Heath, MA Friday evening. It is possible I could throw in a Saddle Sore Thursday night / Friday which would be nice.

Saturday I'll leave to head to Virginia for a ship visit and if it all goes my way I'll stay in the mid-Atlantic for an extra two days and see a second ship before heading home. The alternative is Heath - Norfolk - Bristol, RI (office) - Charleston, SC between Saturday and Thursday morning, not that I am afraid of mileage right now but time is a bit compressed. It would be nice to have an extra 36 hours or so between Norfolk and Charleston to ride new roads rather than a few more burns up and down I-95

So today is a big day, both for work and the amount of stuff the boys in brown should be sending my way. When I arrived this morning the first wave had arrived and the driver was just leaving. Karen, our office manager told me his computer told him he had three boxes but he could only find two on the truck. This is not cause for panic as he may be getting the box at noon or it may be on a different truck for delivery before 4.

I wonder which box it is.

Is it the seat?
Is it the box from Bio-Relief? (you don't want to know)
Is it a box from Max?
Is it a box with vital cables from PC Connection?
Is it the box with the 3M clear paint protection film?
Is it something I forgot I even ordered but will really, really miss on day 10?

I have all of 19 days to figure it out.